Cerca nel blog

mercoledì 7 dicembre 2011

MARIE-LOUISE McHUGH – blog




















“I am passionate about art and have always been a creative person. Born and educated in Switzerland, I grew up surrounded by many interesting artists. For me this turned out to be intimidating and confusing as I longed to express myself in bold,  gushy ways while the world around me seemed fixated on abstract minimalism. Therefore, I first turned to the camera and used photographs in collages to create my images. Much later I “took the plunge” and started painting… I have not stopped since. Swiss artists Ferdinand Hodler and Giovanni Segantini among many others, inspired my use of symbolism which allowed me to become the painter I am today. The images of the Pear, the Coneflower and the Female Figure play a prominent role in my narrative paintings. I paint their beauty, focusing on form and organic qualities. I live and work in Upstate New York. My paintings have been exhibited extensively in galleries, museums and universities in the North East of the USA, as  well as Florida. They are part of corporate and private collections in the USA, Canada, Switzerland and Hong Kong.

BORN: Bienne, Switzerland. Moved to the United States in 1970

EDUCATION AND RESIDENCIES:
University of Berne, Switzerland and SUNY Albany, NY
Berkshire Center for Contemporary Art, North Adams, MA

BOOKS:
“A PEAR A DAY” (One year of drawings of my blog)
“TREES “a photo essay.

“THE QUEENS PROJECT” About My Women Friends.

SOLO SHOWS
2008 Deborah Davis Gallery, Hudson,  NY  “All about Food”
2007 Phoenix Gallery, New York, NY “Pears and Queens”
2007 Dietel Gallery, Troy, NY “Daydreams and Obsessions”
2006 Proctor’s Guild Room, State St. Schenectady, NY
2003 Phoenix Gallery, New York, NY “All About Food”
2001 Phoenix Gallery, New York, NY
1999 Phoenix Gallery, New York, NY
1998 LULU Gallery, Albany, NY. Albany Academy For Girls,Albany, NY: “Pear Journal” Works on Paper
1996 Center Galleries, Albany, NY. deHavilland Gallery, Boston, MA
1992 Laighton Galleries, Schenectady, NY

I started exhibiting my work in  1989. In the last 10 years, I have regularly shown my work in group shows at Phoenix Gallery, New York, NY;  Mark Gruber Gallery, New Paltz, NY; Deborah Davis Fine Arts, Hudson, NY; Artforms, Albany NY.
In 1999 I started showing in New York City, first at Gallery 84 then at the Phoenix Gallery in Chelsea.  In 2006 I also joined the Hughes Gallery in Boca Grande, Florida
To date I also participated in many regional juried and invitational shows every year. Among others,in the North East:

Schenectady Museum, NY; Albany Center Galleries; Albany Institute of History & Art; Cooperstown Annual Exhibit National Art Exhibit; Copley Gallery, Boston. Ma; Dietel Gallery, Troy, NY; Wells College, Aurora, NY; Fletcher Gallery, Woodstock, NY;  Greenhut Gallery. Albany, NY;  DeHavilland Gallery, Boston, Ma;  SUNY Art Museum, Albany, NY; Carrie Haddad, Hudson, NY;  Albright Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY; Proctor’s Fennimore Gallery, Schenectady, NY;  Gallery 100, Saratoga Springs, NY; Firlefanz Gallery, Albany, NY;  Arts Center Westport, Ct; Beaux Arts Gallery , Woodbury, CT;  Southern Vermont Arts Center, Manchester Vt; Kotinski Gallery, Pompton Lakes,  NJ.

OTHER:
2000 MetroNorth poster campaign for PaintingsDirect.com
MAXRACKS nationwide card campaign for PaintingsDirect.com
Art Calendar, Centerfold winner (June 2000).”


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

I prodotti qui in vendita sono reali, le nostre descrizioni sono un sogno

I prodotti qui in vendita sono per chi cerca di più della realtà

Cerca nel blog

Tamagotchi

PUBBLICITA' / ADVERTISING